Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trampled by an Elephant...


I have not been good at updating my blog. In fact, I am pretty dang mad that I have gone so long without posting all of the things going on in my life.  So here is my excuse:



I'VE BEEN TRAMPLED BY AN ELEPHANT! 

Okay, so maybe that's not the complete truth.  Here's what's been going on.  As I turned thirty and worked so hard on finishing everything on my list and got busy with work and with school I totally got overwhelmed. I was trying to eat the entire elephant all at once and instead, the elephant jumped off the plate, knocked me down and trampled me until I lay deflated on the ground.  

My energy was gone, my motivation was missing and I was ready to give up.  I realized that I put a lot of pressure on myself to do so much and it was exhausting. Don't get me wrong, I've had an incredible year completing the things on my list, but I now understand that I was just trying to do too much at once. I was trying to eat the entire elephant in one sitting, rather than patiently eating it one bite at a time.

So now that I have scraped myself off the pavement I am ready to get moving again.  I still have a few things left I want to accomplish off my list, but I am going to work on one thing at a time.  I will take one bite at a time, savor the taste, enjoy the moment and then move on to the next bite.  My list of thirty things will get done, but I am going to ENJOY it!  That dang elephant will get eaten and it will taste so good!




No comments:

Post a Comment